Online Dental Education Library
Our team of dental specialists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
Maintaining good oral hygiene practices are not just important for the health of your teeth and gums, it is also important for your overall health. There is a strong link between your oral health and your general health. Poor oral health can lead to serious conditions. In order to avoid the development of these issues, it is crucial that you maintain a good oral hygiene regimen consisting of regular brushing and flossing as well as professional teeth cleanings at our Northern Virginia general dentistry office.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").